60 West Advisors partners with foundations, endowments pension plans, corporations and not-for-profit organizations to identify and implement an approach to investment management that helps solve the challenges of managing risk, maximizing returns and meeting liquidity needs.
We begin by building a strong understanding of your institution’s unique situation and how the assets might help your organization meet its goals and objectives. We then work with you to develop a tailored strategy that ensures your investments are diversified, risk-appropriate, and aligned with your overall strategy.
Strategies to meet your goals
Our partnerships range from strategic advice on asset allocation and risk advisory to implementation of complex investment solutions. Investment Policy Statements tailored to your organization’s unique needs and objectives and that serve as the cornerstone of your investment program
- Actively Managed Portfolios - Our balanced approach to institutional investment management integrates principles that emphasize diversification, low expenses, and disciplined portfolio management, with characteristics that support your institution’s goals.
- Effective Asset Allocation Strategies — Top down asset allocation combines asset categories to optimize the diversification benefits of less-correlated assets. Using broad categories of investment sectors as well as active and passive strategies optimizes the diversification benefits of less-correlated assets.
- Portfolio Construction – Our philosophy of combining active and passive strategies provides a superior risk-return profile than exclusively using one or the other. While passive strategies typically offer lower internal costs, active management in our opinion is best reserved for inefficient areas of the market where a manager’s expertise has the opportunity to outperform the benchmark.
- Performance Monitoring — Performance analysis and reporting is fundamental to evaluating the success of an investment strategy.
- Monitor performance against hurdle rates and benchmarks
- Monitor portfolio for IPS compliance
- Rebalance investment allocations to remain in line with strategic targets